Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stop insulting us, President Obama!

July 13, 2011

PAJAMAS MEDIA

Ray Heller
Does anyone else within the "public at large" feel the way I do about the remarks being made by the President and other Democrats?  The news conference on Monday was very revealing on how exactly President Obama thinks about the American public at large.
When asked a question by Chip Reid concerning a CBS poll saying only "24 percent of Americans said you should raise the debt limit..."   And how did the president respond?
"Well, let me distinguish between professional politicians and the public at large.  The public is not paying close attention to the ins and outs of how a Treasury option goes. They shouldn't." President Obama, July 11, 2011, approximately 11:20 EDT.
Hold your horses here cowboy!  The way I read this is that you are saying the difference between "professional politicians" and non-politicians is that you guys know what you are doing, we don't understand what is going on and we "shouldn't" be concerned because you are smarter than we are.  After all, you are the president. 
I don't think so.  America is full of people who are way smarter than you. I could list example after example, but don't feel it necessary.  (If you do want a list however, go ahead and email me. I will send you one.)
As far as your comment that we "shouldn't" be paying attention to the ins and outs, I really do disagree.  That, in my opinion, is how you got to be presidentToo many voters did not pay attention  to what was going on.  They trusted you or just thought it cool to vote for an African American for president.  (Did I say that out loud?)  Remember in the preamble to the Constitution it says, "We the people of the United States...."  Fellow Americans, that is you and me, the public at large, the ones who are represented by those "professional politicians".
If that isn't insulting enough, next the President said this, "I think, depending on how you phrase the question, if you said to the American people, is it a good idea for the United States not to pay its bills and potentially create another recession that could throw millions of more people out of work, I feel pretty confident I can get a majority on my side on that one."  President Obama, July 11, 2011, approximately 11:20 EDT.
Then he said "...that's the fact." 
Come on now, of course people would agree to keep people at work, not go into more of a recession and to have the country pay its' bills.  The problem here is, that is not the question.  There are more options.  Do as millions of American families have to do every month.  Cut back on spending.  Get rid of the fluff.  Save money wherever you can.
I am tired of being bullied around by this man and his Democrats.  I think it is an insult to not only me, but the American public at large.  We are smart.  We have the intelligence to know what the right thing to do is.  If the majority of Americans, of whom you  represent Mr. Obama, think it is a bad idea to raise the debt ceiling, then maybe it is.
You see, I think the solution is simple.  Not easy, but simplistic.  Make the cuts that are necessary, stop supplying money to items that don't matter to the public at large, close the loopholes that need to be closed and work on ending the biggest of all spending problems, fraud, waste and abuse in the federal government.  The President and other Democrats need to stop insulting we "public at large".  After all, as we used to say in the Army, "They put their pants on the same way we do.  One leg at a time."
Ranter Ray rants at the The Rural Rant  ray@theruralrant.com

NOTE:
DEDICATED TO THE PRESIDENT:

Goodfellas soundtrack Tony Bennet - rags to riches