Friday, February 11, 2011

For you, Egypt, as the dawn arrives ... music video


I Watch the Sunrise (Close to You) - Music video




I Watch the Sunrise (Close to You) - Daniel O'Donnell

Lyrics:

I watch the sunrise lighting the sky, 
Casting its shadows near. 
And on this morning bright though it be, 
I feel those shadows near me.

But you are always close to me 
Following all my ways. 
May I be always close to you 
Following all your ways, Lord.

I watch the sunlight shine through the clouds, 
Warming the earth below. 
And at the mid-day, life seems to say: 
I feel your brightness near me. 
For you are always . . .

I watch the sunset fading away, 
Lighting the clouds with sleep. 
And as the evening closes its eyes, 
I feel your presence near me. 
For you are always . . .

I watch the moonlight guarding the night, 
Waiting till morning comes. 
The air is silent, earth is at rest 
Only your peace is near me. 
Yes, you are always...
#   #   #


Note:

This song was one of my husband's favorites and we played it often last August, before he entered Eternity.

In November, I posted this on Real Americans Defend Israel and noticed this evening, that many readers are listening to this particular song, even though there are numerous music videos to choose from and I was delighted to see that you, dear readers, enjoyed this song as much as my family has, as it is a song representing the love of family, and the love for our Creator.

As I have posted many articles on Egypt this evening, and thought of the turmoil in the streets, disappointments in life, and wondered what tomorrow would bring, I thought this song would be appropriate to play again tonight, as the dawn arrives in the Middle East.