Sunday, November 14, 2010

I Love you Leah - with translation - Music Video


Jacob, with Leah and Rachael

Note: Received from a dear Israeli friend.  (Translation from Hebrew):



Jacob is seven Thora-episodes star for the following weeks, compared to three and one devoted to Abraham and Isaac respectively, certainly not surprising due to Jacobs' Biblical volume of activity and contribution as being the father of the Jewish people and the tribes. In the present episode this time on his wives Rachel and Lea - Leah had weak eyes, and Rachel was lovely in form, and beautiful and Jacobs' first- love. Lea and Rachel – his two wives that he got in return of seven and additional seven years serving as a shepherd of his cousin sheep.

Lea and Rachel – two figures to one woman. Therefore, should any groom to know that everyone goes to sleep with "His Beautiful sight Rachel" - his bride, but wake up the next day with his Leah, "woman of valor", the devoted and faithful mother, who eventually, also won the tomb, to be buried next to Jacob at the Patriarchs Cave of the Patriarchs in the City of Hebron.

Here is the interpretation of Ehud Manor that will be remembered for his best poetry and of Zvika Piks' melody, to the beloved mother Leah, no more rejected, no more soft eyes but the real admired mother. 


Listen to music, listen to the words, and enjoy.

I love you Leah

yehudasaad | August 03, 2009
Yehuda Saado - I Love You Lea

Zvika Pick - I love you Leah
I love you Leah
Lyrics: Ehud Manor 
Composed by Zvika Pick

I LOVE YOU LEAH 
That very morning I won't forget
when you hid your head in the pillow
the sunlight rested on the tent
and my head is beaten by drunkenness.

When I whispered her name in your ear
you grabbed my hand(s) in your cold hand
and one warm tear
fell into my palms.

Behold, many days passed
and my hands grew tired
and how beautiful your eyes
like Rachel's eyes.
I love you Leah
love you proudly
if I forget you Leah
my name isn't Yisrael.

May your heart not grow bitter over your sister
why, your sons sit by your side
don't turn your look away, woman
all my dreams are near

What is your request, oh say Leah
the seven years passed long ago*
only a moment is left
before the garden closes.

Behold, many days passed...
.

My Note:

Thank you, Reuven, for sending me this beautiful song and music to share with our readers.  Shalom and joy to you and your family.

Bee Sting